Monday, February 26, 2007

Recent Events

So a lot of things have been happening lately and I haven't been very good about writing them down or remembering them. This is partly because of alcohol. It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
We had the third annual Nascar-b-q two weekends ago which was terrific. Fast cars, loud noises, lots of beer...what's not to like? Maybe all the guys in jorts that showed off way too much man thigh, but if you keep your head up like you're supposed to then you can't even tell. I keep getting a lot of crap for watching nascar, but it's easy to get hooked. It's the best thing to watch while drinking beer on a Sunday once football season is over. When else could you bring out an eight person beer bong where no one is still and college and have everyone cheer? Pinatas full of beer? Oh yeah, we've got that. It's also a great excuse to cut your funny in a ridiculous way and grow out facial hair when you know you shouldn't. I wish we could do this every weekend. Of course, I also wish I had every Monday off, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I went to an indoor lacrosse game. For those of you that have never been, I highly encourage you to try it. It's more exciting than hockey or basketball without a doubt. It's fast, high-scoring, allows fighting to an extent, and can see some great hits. There were more people at the mammoth game on Saturday than at the Avalanche game the Thursday before. And the crowd was a lot more fun. This wasn't because it was the weekend, it's because the tickets are a third of the price, the crowd is younger, and everyone spends that extra cash on booze. There's no fighting in the crowd because no one knows where these other teams come from. And no one is from Canada. It's a great way to start a Saturday night also. Once you leave the arena with a few drinks in you, everyone is just starting to get to the bars. The party just never stops.

If there's anything better than a two-for-one happy hour then I haven't found it. Especially $3 long island iced teas at gov's park. At least I think that's how much they were, I put it on my girlfriends tab and never saw the check. Take a lesson fellas: give her a few cocktails and she has no idea what the check says. You can even offer to read it to her and sign her name, they like that.

Aside from tonight's win against Memphis, my nuggets have really sucked lately. I'll still go to some games though. If you don't like Allen Iverson, then f*#k you. Speaking of basketball, whatever happened to Shelden Williams? If he's no longer at duke, does that make him the ugliest man not playing college basketball?

Did anyone watch the academy awards last night? It got drawn out so much I got bored after half an hour and decided to do something more exciting. I taught myself how to knit hats and scarves. Did the wayans brothers win any awards?

Well that's all for my random thoughts tonight, it's time to watch 24. This is the most exciting show on television. This season has gotten a little ridiculous at times though. If someone put a drill into my back, I wouldn't be back at work the next hour. Unless I was Jack Bauer. He can do anything. But who do you think would win in a fight? Chuck Norris or Jack Bauer? Think about it...

No comments: